Frequently asked questions
Are all Grif products made in Egypt?
Yes! We are proud to say that all Grif Cookware products are made here in Egypt. We strive to keep our supply chain as local as possible. All of our cast iron products are made in Egypt.
Are all Grif skillets seasoned?
All of our cast iron products have received two seasoning coats of sunflower oil. This means that the pan is ready to use as soon as you open the box. Give it a quick wash and then you're ready to begin cooking.
What is the best method for seasoning?
What you'll need to begin:
- Sunflower or corn oil
- Non-shredding paper towels (blue shop towels work well)
- Conventional Oven
Grif Seasoning Instructions
1. Preheat your oven to 250°C
2. Scrub your pan thoroughly to remove any residual food as you would after cooking. If you are having a particular difficult time cleaning your skillet, use a heavy duty abrasive cleaning pad for the difficult spots
3. Thoroughly dry with a clean dish towel or blue shop towel
4. Pour approximately half a teaspoon of oil into the pan and wipe a thin coating over the interior surface, lip, and handle with a clothe or shop towel. Flip the skillet over and apply the same process with a more liberal amount of oil on the rough exterior of the pan.
5. With a clean paper towel, wipe the interior and exterior of the pan until it has an almost dry matte look. It's important to wipe the pan until the point at which it seems that there is no more oil left on the surface, especially the interior. If you fail to remove enough oil, the pan will end up with a spidery/patchy look which is difficult to undo without extensive cleaning.
6. Place your pan gently upside down in the preheated oven being careful not to scrape the pan as you place it on the rack.
7. Cure the skillet for 60 minutes.
8. Turn off the oven but leave the skillet inside to finish curing for an additional 30 minutes
9. Remove and repeat 2-3 additional times as necessary.
Note: If you end up with a patchy appearance to your skillet as a result of using too much oil, don't worry. Your pan will still cook beautiful and delicious meals.
Why isn't my cast iron a uniform black color?
As you use your skillet and you notice it becoming blotchy, or it is not as dark as you were expecting, do not be concerned. It takes time to build up the dark patina associated with traditional cast iron. As you use your pan regularly, you will begin to see it transform.
What is Grif Cookware's warranty?
Our cast iron products are designed and made to be used by you and generations to follow which is why we stand by you and our cast iron cookware with a lifetime warranty. We want to help you resolve any issues that arise while using your pan. Most of the time, the solution will be to continue frequent use. If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com.